Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Du hast mich gefragt und ich habe nichts gesagt

I got news over the weekend that the Dead trilogy has been sold to a German press by Simon and Schuster. So soon you'll be able to read Dead I Well May Be in German, French, Russian, Japanese, Danish, Serbo-Croat and Bulgarian. Marco and I are trying to get an Italian translation off the ground and thanks to the good people of Serpents Tail you can get the book in the whole of the British Commonwealth. You can also get it as an audio from audible.com or as a kindle edition from Amazon. One of the few places you can't get a new copy of Dead I Well May Be is the United States where the book has been out of print since last year. Strangely Simon and Schuster still keep The Dead Yard and Bloomsday Dead in print - the second and third parts of the trilogy, but not the first. I don't pretend to understand the publishing world but this does seem odd to me.