Monday, February 4, 2013

Me, Me, Me

I did a few more interviews in the Irish media over the last week that you can clickety click and read below if you so desire. I do have the tendency to say some of the same things esp when talking about the inspiration for the new book I Hear The Sirens In The Street, but I also, er, say some different things too. At no point did I crack and just start making shit up which is probably what I would do if I ever had to do one of those press junket things...

Anyway here are the interviews: 

With the charming Arminta Wallace in The Irish Times. (the photograph to the right comes from that article, taken by Brenda Fitzsimons)

With me old partner in crime Dec Burke in The Irish Examiner

I did a long and interesting (at least to me) interview with AP Maginness in The Irish News, but alas that one has been paywalled. If you're an Irish News subcriber you can read it at their website, here

An interview with the excellent Jon Page of Bite the Book, here

For the first time ever, I also had a TV interview on RTE's The Works. The RTE Player is available, here. And perhaps as some kind of sop to the diaspora it works in Australia and presumably throughout the world (unlike the BBC iplayer). I'm on the same show as Kevin Spacey which is pretty cool, although, of course, I didn't get to meet him. 

All these links will probably die in a few weeks so get 'em while they're hot, if for some eccentric reason you're in need of a McKinty fix.