Thursday, March 3, 2011

All Killer No Filler. . . Falling Glass

My new crime novel Falling Glass is out this week. It's the story of Killian, an Irish Traveller, a finder of lost things and people, who is set on the trail of Rachel Coulter ex wife of Richard Coulter, owner of an upstart cheapie Irish airline (not unlike Ryan Air). Rachel has gone missing with Richard's two daughters and perhaps something else...
...
There have been a few erroneous reports in the blogoverse that this is a Michael Forsythe novel. It is not. Forsythe is a character in the book and does make a cameo appearance but this is not his story. Parts of the book were based on a short piece I was going to write at one time called Scotchy Finn's Wake, which would have continued the pun of the last Michael Forsythe novel The Bloomsday Dead, but this is only a section of the novel. The emphasis is on Killian, Rachel Coulter and Richard Coulter as well as a few other crooks and ne'er do wells.
...
If you're in the UK and Ireland the book is published by Serpents Tail and you should be able to get it in most bookshops as well as on Amazon.co.uk, right here. If you live in Australia or New Zealand the book will be published by Allen and Unwin in May or if you really can't wait you can also get it at Amazon.co.uk or the Book Depository. If you live in the US, it isn't available in the bookshops and it isn't on amazon.com yet so you'll have to get it from amazon.co.uk or the book depository. (That goes for the rest of the planet too) You can also get Falling Glass from the Serpents Tail website where they offer free worldwide shipping. (Just to thoroughly confuse you I think the E version is available at Amazon.com).
...
Finally audio. The audio version of Falling Glass has been narrated by the wonderful Gerard Doyle and is available now on Audible.com or iTunes or direct from Blackstone Audio. That one you might also be able to get on Amazon.com.
...
If you do get the book and you like it I would really appreciate it if you could give me a review on Amazon or Audible or Good Reads or your blog. I do try to read every single review I get, even the bad ones. I don't, like Liberace, cry all the way to the bank, but I do agree with Borges when he says "Any time something is written against me, I not only share the sentiment but feel I could do the job far better myself. Perhaps I should advise would-be enemies to send me their grievances beforehand, with full assurance that they will receive my every aid and support. I have even secretly longed to write, under a pen name, a merciless tirade against myself."