Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tin Tin

smart move that the poster doesn't show
Tin Tin's pale, weird, lifeless face
This is what you get when you put together the man who made Always and the man who made The Lovely Bones. Yeah they made some other stuff, I guess, but I'm not feeling in a generous mood after watching this travesty. Motion capture is a very sinister and creepy process for making films and it just doesn't work at all. I thought everyone in Hollywood understood that after The Polar Express but clearly, like the late Muamar Ghadaffi, out there they only listen to yes men. 22 year old yes men with Siri enabled iPhones and that admittedly cool ap that tells you what stars you're looking at if you point it heavenward (or even downwards to get stars in the other hemisphere)...er, what was I talking about? Oh yes. Tin Tin. The film is lifeless, silly, a waste of an amazing cast and with some shockingly bad writing. When Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright were making Spaced they would have made fun of a movie like this, instead of being in it and that my friends is what the fairy gold from LA does to you. The reviewer for The Financial Times called this the ugliest film ever made, which it isn't, but I know what she means. Take my advice, if you want to see a good Tin Tin movie just read Tin Tin in Tibet instead and avoid this cold, cynical, undead rubbish.