Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review This Book!

Sadly after being out for two months it looks rather like I'm not going to get any United States newspaper reviews for I Hear The Sirens In The Street which isn't that surprising to me really. American newspapers have been cutting down on their review staff and for the review section to remain profitable it has to feature books that the public is interested in. It's a bit of a Catch 22. They'll only review books by well known authors but you can't become a well known author unless the papers review your book. If you're a new author you're pretty much doomed unless you're coming out with a major publishing house with a huge advertising campaign behind you. Or unless you're young and attractive and live in Brooklyn - that seems to help too. 
...
Which is where you come in, gentle reader. I'd really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes out of your day and review my book somewhere: Good Reads, Amazon, Audible or other social media. I'm not like PBS, I only usually ask this of you once per year and I won't ask it again until In The Morning I'll Be Gone is out in 2014. So thanks in advance for your review of Sirens (or Cold Cold Ground or any of my books at all actually) ... It really helps and I'm awfully grateful.