Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Melbourne Writers Festival

I'll be doing 2 events at the Melbourne Writers Festival this year. 

On Saturday 23rd of August I'll be on a panel hosted by Angela Savage along with John Williams & David Whish-Wilson at the ACMI Cinema 1 at 10.00 am. The panel is entitled Strange Territory and will be about the sense of place in crime fiction. This should be good. Angela's stomping ground is Melbourne but she writes mostly about Thailand, John writes about Cardiff and David's books mostly take place in Perth. 

On Wednesday August 27th I'll be in conversation with Andrew Nette at the St Kilda Public Library. This one starts at 6.30 pm and should be pretty loose and wide ranging. 

I got my hair cut especially for the MWF so do come along. . .
...
(The photo incidentally is from last month's Semana Negra writers festival in Gijon, the really rather brilliant photographer LAURA MUNOZ not only drew on me & did other crazy shit but, as promised, managed to conceal my beer gut, cargo shorts and bright blue Superdry flip flops that made me look like every other drunken Anglo-Saxon tourist in Spain.)