1. Pliny the Elder IPA - Russian River Brewing Company, USA
2. Rutland Bitter - Grainstore Brewery, England
3. Payback Porter - Speakeasy Ales, USA
4. Fuller's London Porter - Fullers, England
5. Ravens Eye Imperial Stout - Eel River Brewing Company, USA
6. Rochefort Trappistes 10 - Trappist Quad, Belgium
7. Ayinger Celebrator Dobblebock - Ayinger, Germany
8. Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout - Sam Smiths, England
9. Old Rasputin Imperial Stout - North Coast Brewing Company, USA
10. Supplication Sour Ale - Russian River Brewing Company, USA
1 and 10 on my list come from the great Russian River Brewing Company. As you can see I'm in a weird stouty, portery frame of mind these days...
#3 is the beer that crime writers probably should be drinking, especially on a rainy evening when the inspiration just isn't coming. I liked the line from this review of #5 on my list on Beer Rater by Mike Chance: "pours as black as my kids mom's soul" - there's definitely a story there...