Thursday, July 23, 2020

Crime Novel of The Year

I am absolutely stunned to win two of the biggest awards in crime fiction in the same week. I cannot even get my head around this. Last week I thought my cup runneth over when I won the International Thriller Writers Crime Novel of the Year and today I just was given the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year.              
                           ...                                                

I am so grateful to every reader who has ever read any of my books. I am so grateful for every single review I've ever gotten (even the 1 stars, you know who you are, Kenny) and I am so lucky I stuck at this gig when I basically quit 2 1/2 years ago. 
                           ...                                               

If you're a writer let me tell you its a long, tough, lonely road especially if you want to make a career out of it and you'll want to quit 1000 times but hang in there, if good things can happen to me they can happen to you too. I am blessed. Go raibh maith agat.