Saturday, August 7, 2010

Essay Crisis

I've got a new book coming out in March of next year called Falling Glass. It's a stand alone crime novel being published by Serpents Tail. The book isn't about Michael Forsythe but that sleekit wee character does have a fairly large cameo. Anyhoo, I mention this only because I got my editorial letter from Serpents Tail this week and its going to require about 10-12 days hard graft from me to edit the book, add a couple of scenes, take out all the libel and remove all the jokes (which, sadly, nobody else seems to like but me).
...
With that in mind blog service will be limited for the next 10 days or so. I'll be posting some old (and hopefully good) stuff from the early days of the blog and although I will read your comments I probably wont be that great about replying. This isnt me being rude, just me trying to focus on doing a good job on Falling Glass.
...
Thank you for understanding. Normal service will resume soon and I do think you'll enjoy the older blog stuff that you probably haven't seen before.
...
BTW this is NOT the cover of the book, just me mucking about with paintbox, although it is thematically appropriate.