Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Edgar

BIG thank you to my wife Leah who picked up the award for my novel Rain Dogs on my behalf and apparently gave a funny speech. Big thank you too to the Mystery Writers of America. This is such an honour and definitely the highlight of my career. 
...
Thank you also my lovely daughters Arwynn & Sophie and all my family in Ireland, England and America. 
...
A big thank you to my brand new agent Shane Salerno.
...
Also huge thank you to the crime fiction community in Ireland, Australia, the UK, America and across the world for being nothing but supportive. I want to single out three bookstores too: The Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, No Alibis in Belfast and Pages & Pages in Sydney who always treated me like a best seller and a winner when that clearly wasn't the case. 
...
And big thanks in no particular order to: Ian Rankin, Don Winslow, Val McDermid, Dan Woodrell, Dec Burke, Stu Neville, Steve Hamilton, Steve Cavanagh, John McFetridge, John Connolly, Brian McGilloway, Ger Brennan, Peter Rozovksy, Seana Graham, Candice Fox, Daneet Steffens, Jason Steger, the Irish Times, The Boston Globe, The Guardian, The London Times, The Irish Indy, The Wall Street Journal, The Melbourne Age, The Australian, every mystery blog who ever reviewed me, everybody who reviewed me on audible, amazon and good reads (even the stinkers) and all my book readers and blog readers for all your encouragement and support over the years. 
...
finally I'd like to thank the late great Muhammad Ali whom I met in 1992 and who a star struck Duffy meets in chapter 1 of Rain Dogs - a little of The Champ's magic rubbed off on me... 
...
go raibh maith agat