Saturday, September 21, 2019

Book reviews...

Normally after I review a book in a newspaper I will wait a week or so and publish the book review here on the blog for free. I've been doing this for nearly 10 years and no one has seemed to mind. You'll probably have noticed however that I haven't published any new book reviews since June. I've still been reviewing books of course but two of the newspapers I work for have asked me not to reprint them here on my blog. Obviously this is their right, they own the copyright to the reviews but I think the small number of page views they lose by letting me reprint the reviews here is trivial in the big scheme of things...

I understand times are tough for newspapers but I'm hoping that I can work this out with my employers and I can continue to print my book reviews here on the blog...

I promise to keep you updated and I apologize to everyone who has asked on twitter where the paywall free version of some of my reviews are to be found...until further notice perhaps nowhere.

Again I'm REALLY sorry about this. This was never an issue until the last few months.