Thursday, August 11, 2011

On The Road Again

Last year Colin Bateman and Stuart Neville showed up to
heckle me. If you were there you'll remember that I retorted by
bursting into tears and running into the street.
I'm heading home to Belfast today. It's a long flight through many strange and interesting destinations (Stansted Airport anyone?) so I may be offline for a bit. I will be posting some new (and some recycled blogs) over the next week or so and certainly feel free to comment, but be aware that I probably won't be able to reply until I get back to Melbourne...I'm not ignoring you, just away from my desk - either that or, you know, clinging to a piece of wreckage in the Indian Ocean. 
...
And if you're in the neighbourhood why don't you come see me and Declan Burke read from our new novels at No Alibis bookshop on Botanic Avenue, Belfast next Thursday. There will be blood. Or more likely wine, cheese and a few funny stories from Dec. From me expect broody silence and the odd monosyllabic, gutteral remark. It'll be fun. Bring the kids. That's Thursday August 18th at 6.00 pm. Remember when Oscar Wilde went on his lecture tour of the United States? It'll be like that. Except totally different. 
...
I'm also going to try to visit The Games of Thrones set. (If anyone can hook me up with that I'd really appreciate it.) If I make it to the set I'll take some pics and put them up on the blog.