Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Rain Dogs is The Boston Globe's #1 Mystery of 2016

It's the little engine that could isn't it? Sean Duffy#5, Rain Dogs, has been picked as The Boston Globe's #1 Mystery of 2016. I'm so pleased. With no advertising and no book tour it's a real struggle to get noticed so this kind of thing completely helps. May I also add that in the last 12 months I've been shortlisted for the Edgar Award, Dagger Award, Anthony Award, Theakston Award and the Ned Kelly Award. And, ahem, a couple of weeks ago the great Ian Rankin was on the BBC's Desert Island Books. He picked 6 books to be stranded on a desert island with forever and he chose only 1 mystery: The Cold Cold Ground - the first novel in the Sean Duffy series.  My amazon ranking climbed 35,000 places after that. 
...
I am so grateful that so many of you out there appreciate this plucky little series (see below) and the good news is that there will be a new one out in just a few weeks. Ciao.