Sunday, October 26, 2008

McKinty Behind Bars

This review of Dead I Well May Be on Amazon.com caught my eye:

Mesmerizing enough to calm the Block , October 25, 2008
by
G. Love (Bridgeport, CT USA) - See all my reviews I read this book in a mater of hours because I couldn't put it down. Then I read it out loud to a group of older boys incarcerated in Juvenile Detention. This excellent crime thriller kept all of the young men intrigued and well-behaved for days at a time as I parceled the book out little by little. They begged for more when the book was over and I ended up buying copies of each book in the series for their library. This book and the others in the series are extremely well written and instantly captivating. While the subject matter may be above the average high school student, Adrian McKinty's books will captivate even the most reluctant readers!
...
Thanks for the review Mr. Love, and I'm a little curious if you read or skipped the long section explaining in detail how to escape from prison.
...
Oh and come on Scribner bring DIWMB back into print! Why make people get it used or as a UK import? Don't you care about the future of America?